Play Pool for Free Online
Pool is a gentleman’s game. Neither player has anything to hide when they meet at the table; every ball and every move is right there for everyone to see. That same concept is preserved in 8 Ball Pool, an online rendition of the classic billiard game. You and another player will duke it out over a round of eight-ball on an online table. There are no strings attached, no purchases necessary, and no souls to sell; this game is completely free. You only need to concern yourself with hitting and pocketing the correct balls and knowing how to use their natural bounce to your advantage.
Get in the Game
Getting a game of 8 Ball Pool started could not be any easier! All you need to do is head on over to the game’s official site and let Miniclip do the rest.
- Play as a guest and challenge other guests if you don’t want to bother signing up.
- Use the onboard matchmaking service to set up a game quickly and easily against another anonymous player.
- Sign onto the official servers with your Miniclip account. Challenge your friends, customize your cue, take part in tournaments, and more.
Play the Game We All Know and Love
The rules of eight-ball have been adapted flawlessly to this online version. If you’re familiar with the game, you should be good to go. If you don’t, then it will do its best to show you the ropes. You’ll be sinking those balls in no time!
- Pick either solids or stripes. Make sure to only hit and pocket balls that are associated with your pattern, or the consequences will be dire.
- Avoid the 8-ball until you have nothing else to hit. Hitting it will cost you your turn. Pocketing it will cost you the game!
- Take aim on the cue ball. Determine how much power you will put into your cue, where you will send the ball, and what it will hit.
- Bounce balls off of the walls and into each other to pocket them more efficiently.
- Don’t pocket the cue ball, or else your opponent can put it wherever he likes.
- Pocket balls successfully to get another turn.
- Take note of your opponent’s strategy; you can see every action he takes before he finally hits the cue ball.
- Whoever legally sinks the 8-ball first wins the game.
It’s Your Move
With 8 Ball Pool, you can experience the timeless billiard game for free from the comfort of your own home. Challenge your friends whenever it is convenient or hone your skills against strangers. Pop in for a quick game or join the extensive community to meet a whole lot more like-minded pool players. There’s no wrong way to enjoy billiards again with 8 Ball Pool.
Tips & Strategies
- Always be thinking of the best way to set yourself up for the next shot. This is the #1 skill of all good pool players
- Rarely do you want to hit the cue ball as hard as you can. Think about how hard to hit the ball in relation to where the cue ball will end up for your next shot