Not a Good Place to Land
This has not been your day. You were just out ballooning all over the world when your hot-air balloon suddenly undertook some terrible damage. The good news is that you were able to land in relatively one piece. The bad news is that you’re now smack dab in the middle of a desolate wasteland. You’ll have to get your balloon back in working condition fast because you’re not the only living soul in this desert. Every night, unexplainable horrors cross the sandy landscape, devouring all that they touch. You’ll have to fend them off or avoid them using whatever weapons you can get your hands on. Guns, mounted turrets, traps, forts and whatever else should do the trick. You’ll be out of this mess soon, assuming you survive long enough of course.
Survive the Game
Balloon in a Wasteland is a game of survival. As much as you might want to get your balloon up and running again, you have to maintain your personal needs as well. Otherwise, this desert is going to be your grave.
- Repair your balloon with every second of free time you can nab. Once it’s fixed, you’re home free!
- Sleep to regain your stamina. Otherwise, the fatigue will eat away at your overall performance.
- Build a fort. With a fort, you can safely hide from enemies and rest without interruption
- Purchase new items from traveling vendors. They can sell weapons, traps, forts, upgrades and more.
- Manage your time. Examine the timeline at the bottom of the screen to see what events are coming up. Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst.
Every now and then, a wave of hostile creatures will sweep across the camp. It won’t do to sit back and let them come to you. Food is scarce in the wasteland and they are quite ravenous. Prove that your wits and trigger finger make you an even fiercer beast than they could ever hope to be.
- Kill enemies with eight different firearms. Use a pistol, revolver, shotgun, sniper rifle, SMG and more.
- Earn money by slaying as many creatures as you can within each wave. Kill them all quickly to get a cash bonus.
- Outfit your fort with a turret or two. Give yourself a computer-controlled partner who’s always got your back.
- Eliminate your enemies more slyly with a variety of cunning traps. Use spike strips, barbed wire, howler mines and more.
- Purchase upgrades for your guns, forts and turrets to make them more lethal.
- Hide in your fort if you fear the threat may be too great for you to handle.
- Don’t get complacent. The enemies grow bigger and more numerous with every new wave.
There’s no wrong way to play Balloon in a Wasteland. All that matters is that you get out alive. Even so, there is always a way to do better. For a free browser game, Balloon in a Wasteland has an amazing amount of replay value.
- See if you can repair the balloon in record time.
- Unlock 20 achievements.
- Kill every enemy that appears on the screen.
- Collect every weapon there is.
- Save up as much cash as you can.
Moving Up in the World
Balloon in a Wasteland is a surprisingly deep and flexible game. It combines aspects of survival with tower defense to give you a tactical experience that allows for multiple play styles. It’s stylish as well, with simple but atmospheric visuals and eerie music that will put you right in the mood. Load it up and start ballooning in the wasteland today.
Tips & Strategies
- Buy a fort early on. You can climb in it and be safe from enemy attacks
- You can sleep in your fort to regain stamina during enemy waves
- Invest in weapons, traps that don't explode, and turrets early on. They will help you kill more enemies and earn more money for better gear.
- Traps can be stacked on top of each other for greater effectiveness
- When buying guns, don't forget to check the boxes underneath the weapon to make them more powerful
- Place explosive traps nearer to your fort to take out enemies who get through and threaten your escape into the fort
- Repair your balloon as often as possible if you want to escape quickly.
- Buy a health station for your fort to regain lost health
- Almost all gun upgrades are worth buying and will pay you back many times over from what you spent